Friday, February 18, 2011

MESSAGE FROM THE SWING


When I take Mariah to the park, I am amazed at how much she enjoys the swings. I love the excitement before putting her in the seat. She gets excited from head to toe. So much so that her legs are kicking so hard before I can even get them into the holes so she can sit. With a little help from Daddy, we get her in and she begins to clap. The smile on her face is so big, it is infectious. We just can't help but laugh and smile with her.

But once she is in the air and swinging, she only stares at the ground watching it go by as she goes back and forth. Her claps begin to slow down and she is mesmerized by the passing dirt. She smiles now and again, but there is something quiet and serene. She is deep in thought and the wind blowing in her face and hair comforts her.

What a feeling to find a moment to reflect. I wonder what she is thinking at these moments. For what does a little girl of a year old think about that deeply?

It really doesn't matter what she is thinking, this is her moment. Her moment to feel.....I have come to that place in my life. It is my moment to feel. I want to feel like nothing else, I want to soar like no one can stop me. Right here, right now and I don't want anyone else to share in it for that brief moment.

Thanks Mariah for teaching me to soar!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. She really does love the swing and you guys are always so happy at the park! Keep smiling and sharing those brief little moments as they pass all too quickly!

    ReplyDelete