Tuesday, February 22, 2011

To sew or not to sew...that is the question!



Everyone has their own style when it comes to creating hair bling. There are so many tutorials out there that show you how to make the different styles. So how do you know which one is the right one to use?

Do you sew it, wire it, tie it, or maybe glue is what works best for you?

Well for me I am always worried about safety. So
for me the obvious choice would be to sew EVERYTHING! Some people tie their bows or use wire. Which is fine if that is what works for them. For me it does not work. For example...
some people tie their Korker bows in the middle.

I personally would not be very happy after spending all that time baking my ribbon and cutting sprigs to the length that I want them only to find that some little diva's curious little hands could not resist pulling it apart. That would be very sad! So I sew mine every time.

Some people just do not want to take that extra bit of time to make sure that the embellishments they use in their bows are secure. I myself sew anything that is possible to sew. I have even been known to make my own holes in stuff just so that I could sew it on. It just makes me feel better about the safety of those little divas who will be wearing my products. I even sew the marabou feathers in to the bows that I use them on!!

Does it take a little extra time to create things when sewing every little thing on? Well of course it does. But I would much rather it take a little extra time than to have something fall off somewhere that it shouldn't or to have one of her favorite bows fall apart!

To sew or not to sew...that is the question!










1 comment:

  1. I have seen you sew so many of these together and actually amazed at how they come out. I have even seen you break the needles putting these together! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete