Saturday, February 19, 2011

OVER THE TOP BEHAVIOR


I had no idea a year ago, when I started designing Over-the-top bows (OTT), that they would catch on so BIG! I am not the originator of these incredible bows, but as I studied them online, it seemed that the east coast Boutiques were having great success with them.

So, I learned the basics to create them and before I knew it, I was creating some fun OTT bows and having a ball doing them.

As I put them in a local store here in the west, I soon realized that the west hadn't experienced the same WOW factor as I did.

In fact, I had 3 of my top sellers in that store for what seemed like forever. Not one of those sold. A couple of comments were, they sure are beautiful and way too big to put on my child.

Well you know design (or you wouldn't be here), it finally caught on. So much so, that those are some of my best selling bows now, locally and online.

I then began to create one for all of the special occasions for my daughter Mariah. I get the most fabulous reviews when we go out in public. But, none more Over-The-Top as the Valentines Day bow.

I was getting out of the car at the grocery store, when I scooped Mariah out of her car seat and shut the door. As I turned to head toward the store, a woman came running across the parking lot at me, yelling "Oh I have to see that bow"! She almost scared my daughter.

I grabbed her tightly in my arms and pulled back as the woman approached me and she said with a smile on her face, "I just had to see that beautiful bow, how gorgeous is she?"

She smiled and apologized, then went on her way. It was quite a scary experience, an OVER-THE-TOP one for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment